- The woman next to me at the gym kept clearing her throat over and and over and it so bugged, that I actually switched machines.
- I held Kate's hand and made her walk faster as we passed a homeless man on the sidewalk.
- Then, I saw a homeless woman today that I desperately wanted to help and I still kept on walking.
- I threw away the shell I found on the beach in Kiawah, because it had a dead crab in it and I couldn't get it out.
- I am trying to read three totally different books right now in my "spare" time.
- I would do anything to be back on Kiawah Island with my girls right now.
- I still haven't unpacked from my trip last weekend.
- When I think of leaving the City, I can honestly say that I am not ready...quite yet.
- I can't decide whether to cut my hair or let it keep growing.
- I still don't get the hype over 'Twilight'. Sorry Dot.
- I am so glad that we skipped out on the Baylor game at Madison Square Garden last night, and instead enjoyed the most fun and unique dinner out at Panna II.
- I can't stop thinking about the United gate agent that so rudely said, "We believe children are a privilege, not a handicap", when asked if I could pre-board with Kate a few months ago. What I really wanted to say was, "you must not be a mother." (and maybe a few other things)
- My husband bought me some beautiful daffodils, but for some reason they really smell like a dirty diaper every time I walk by.
- I'm scared to start my guitar lessons on Monday.
- I still feel bad about falling asleep while David prayed the other night.
- I will not be seen wearing the parachute pant suits that I saw in several windows today.
- I can't remember the last time I cleaned my bath tub. That's really gross. I'm going to do that tomorrow.
- I have not read with Kate nearly enough this week.
- I really hate how defensive I can get sometimes for no apparent reason.
- I don't have a clue about planting flowers, but am excited to start working on the garden this weekend!
- I didn't know how to respond to the woman with a ton of plastic surgery, when she said that Kate was more beautiful than a doll and should be a celebrity. Yikes.
- I'm already planning Kate's 2nd birthday party in June. Is that bad?
- Right now, my eyes are burning they are so tired, but I am still awake...posting this. Um - why?
7 comments:
i wish we were still in kiawah too! i like reading your list :)
Thanks for sharing. It's good to get things like that out-and it reminds us all that everyone deals with stuff that's not exactly "ready for print". On that same note, I have laundry from 8 days ago still on my couch-that moves from the living room to the laundry room depending on who's coming over! Ah...that's better!
I also liked reading your list....very real. Have you read the Twilight series or just saw the movie? or neither? I think depending on what you do, it may change your mind. Obviously, I'm a big fan.
And I can totally relate about the United airplane incident. I tried the same thing...was juggling bags, Preston, and stroller and asked for either some help or to board early. They did neither and were very RUDE about it. :(
love your list and honesty! I could probably could make a pretty good length list myself! miss you and all your thoughts :)
oh my gosh. so funny. feeling really sad about the crab/shell. it was so pretty.
Twilight--Ok, I know. I said the same thing. However, this book NEEDS to be given a chance. Come on, we watched all those stupid dancing movies in high school and you won't give THIS a try? At least rent it and see what you think. I WOULD NOT steer you wrong. If you read a chaper and you don't like it, I will go buy you a new crab.
I totally think you should complain to United. That is so extremely RUDE! Like you are saying she is a hinderence to get on the plane early????? SO stinking rude.
I started planning Jack second birthday in my mind months ago, at least, thinking about it.
HA!! So many great things about this post. I love it!
Post a Comment