Unconventional. That would be my answer when someone asks me how our Easter weekend was this year.
Come to think of it, that word pretty much describes this year as a whole so far. Each holiday has felt mildly to extremely different, usually surrounding some drama. Maybe that's just who we are as people? Perhaps. (Don't laugh.)
On Saturday, Kate woke up from a nap with 103.4, so that pretty much changed our Easter plans, but we enjoyed it and laughed a lot and rejoiced with our risen Savior, none the less.
Did I mention it was in the 40's today? Yes, I wore my sandals anyway.
So, since Kate couldn't go to church, we all got dressed and took some pics outside just to mark the occasion and to look "conventional". We tried our hardest.
We even had our own version of an Easter egg hunt in our backyard just for Kate and took an obscene amount of pictures so the memory could be documented.
As an added blessing, we had some sweet friends over, who are our family here, and we enjoyed a feast, I tell you. A feast. In fact, I think I'm going to have some carrot cake and coffee for my "late" night dinner tonight. Mmm...
Whether your Easter was conventional or unconventional, I pray you were able to stop long enough to sing 'Hallelujah' and to gaze upon the beauty of our Risen Lord.
4 comments:
I love it. Don't you think that many things (holidays included) become a little "different" when you have a child? We went to the sunrise Easter service this morning in our jeans and coats (also in the 40s here). :) Then we dressed Jackson up to go hunt Easter eggs at my parents house late this afternoon. Overall, a fun and joyful day. I hope that Kate is feeling better!
such a wonderful day! and such a beautiful family!!
That first photo of Kate in particular...goodness. I want to squeeze her! She is too cute. Sounds like a great Easter to me - celebrating the gifts God has given you. Perfect.
Love these Easter pictures- soo sweet!!!
Post a Comment