Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday Stage Debut

For Palm Sunday, all of the kids at church got up on stage and sang, Lord I Lift Your Name on High. Even though Kate was not old enough, a lot of her older friends were going to be up there and so I thought she might get into it and make her stage debut this morning. We had practiced the hand motions. She did most of them and could even sing a few words here and there. But...this morning...this is what she did.

She looked at Mommy and asked with her eyes, "Are you sure this is OK?"



Then she stood there and watched. Those lips tightly sealed...thinking...


... "I think I'm the smallest one up here."

"Did your moms put you up to this as well?"


"I'm not going to do anything, but I sure can make a cute face!"


"Oh - when is this going to end!?"

Of course, afterwards, she was all smiles. I guess she was not quite ready - but oh, was it fun to watch her!




4 comments:

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Oh, I love it! Too funny. I think that is exactly what Jackson would do. I'm just impressed that she stood up there through the whole song! Precious pictures.

Stephanie Marie said...

oh my goodness! love it! love the dress :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

oh my---how cute is she?!?!

anne h. alley said...

hahahahah oh my gosh shawna!!! that is hilarious.....!!!!