David and Kate had some very special time together for the past few days, while I was on a reunion trip with my college roommates.
They shared trips to the zoo, play time outside in the park and in our back yard, rides on the bus (Kate's new favorite thing), and even a princess birthday party! David gets some major points for dressing Kate for church (with bow in hair) on his own and taking her to a princess party. ha!
When I got back, they were both giggling as they told me all they had been doing together. There are very few things, if any, that make my heart smile more than seeing them love each other so deeply. I am very blessed to have a husband who adores our baby girl and delights in time with her.
They played with Chase & Jackson (our neighbors) in the back yard.
They laughed...a lot.

...some time swinging...
...some time posing for pictures (David calls this her Tri-Delta composite picture - LOL!)...
...some time learning her letters on the park signs...
...and some rest time. I'm not sure if this was David's or Kate's idea.


They spent time exploring Central Park...
I think it's safe to say ... they had a GREAT time this weekend.
Thank you, Sweetheart, for allowing me some time away. It made it that much better knowing you and Kate enjoyed the time together. We love you!
9 comments:
So sweet! Those are some great pictures :)
Way to go David!! And he even took pics! Amazing. What a great Daddy.
What a sweetie! I love her little curls!!
um...yeah...the "composite picture" totally made me laugh out loud!
what a precious little girl...i'm loving her curls!
So sweet!!! For some reason this post made me tear up a little!
Kimber- I too am laughing out loud! so precious. That composite picture is perfect and the 2 pacifiers! so funny!
What a sweet time for them both.
Loved reading about this and getting the latest pics. What a delightful time for all of you.
Shawna,
Remember me, Jill . . . Jon and Lori's cousin? I have been a reader of your blog for probably 6 months or so. One day I noticed your link on Lori's blog and I've been hooked since then. Shawn, thank you for your openness and realness. I know we didn't see eye to eye when we were kids, but I have truly enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog.
So glad to see the laughing and playing pictures because if all I saw was the two pacifiers stuck in her one baby mouth, I might think there was a little bit of desperation! Hysterical! Where are the roommate girl pics? Surely Shannon was not the only taking pics? So thrilled you all could get together - you're all precious little "30" girls!
Post a Comment