

It's funny when you are out in the middle of the forest what your mind thinks about. If we could build here on this property, how fun would that be for our family? Perhaps we'll always rent in NYC and own something somewhere else. Maybe I could be a songwriter or at least write that book in my head. What is life going to look like this next year? Am I ready to go back home to NY? Can I do another year? Isn't God so gracious to give us creation to look at and be reminded how powerful and creative He is? If a bear came over that cliff, what would I do? You laugh, but we did see this nice sized paw print on my parent's property. (you can see the deer print in the upper right corner....that gives you perspective of the size of the bear print near the lower left corner) Yikes!

It was so nice to get away with family. My family has always been a place where I can be honest and open about life. It's funny when you think about a hike (well, my kind of hike), because you try to choose the road most traveled so that you can find your way back and trust that it leads somewhere rewarding. For the past six months, I feel like I have been on a hike completely up hill. There really haven't been any breaks for catching my breath or for getting a cool drink of water to refresh my soul. Maybe I've had a sip here and there, but nothing long and lasting, I feel like. Spiritually, emotionally, physically.
While it was nice to be together in the mountains, it was interesting how much we all have going on in our lives. My sister is about to launch out on her own for the first time and move into her own place to begin her own career. My parents are ready to have their house in Dallas sell so they can officially make their move to Colorado. David took the CFA on Saturday (all wives of studying husbands - unite!) and we are trying to rent out our apartment so we can move by July 1. (ummm - that's just in a few weeks) We just keep moving up hill...together. At least we are all together as we run out of breath, right?
Do you ever feel like something has to give? Like, we really can't keep going like this forever. When is that break? Is it just around the corner? Do we need to just stop? Do we start taking an easier path or continue to trust that God is giving us the breath and perseverance we need, and when those breaks of rest come - we will treasure and cherish them before our next mountain climb? Sigh.
Just yesterday - Mom and dad received a contract on the house. We had someone come and look at our place and she is supposed to turn in her application for our place this morning. Maybe just maybe we are on the brink of a quick sightseeing break with a gallon of water. I'm sure to appreciate it and then pray up for the next hike over the next mountain.
3 comments:
Yes, you CAN do another year here in NYC!!! :) Or another several years (hehe, at least as long as we're still here- ha!!)! Anyway, I'm so glad you finally had a small chance to catch your breath last week and I'll definitely continue to pray for you that you will receive some more refreshing
"breaks" over these next few busy weeks.
I love the thoughts that you were thinking as you walked. So funny, and so good.
Hang in there. Knowing you are tired is half the battle, I think. Because then you are looking for a solution.
I'm so glad that you've had some time to relax and refresh (well, sort of). :) Hang in there for these new few weeks. And keep us posted about the move.
Post a Comment