It's hard to believe that a few years ago, I still felt there was no one in NY that I felt connected to in a real way. No one to call to go see a movie with. (I know you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition) No one to meet every week for dinner or a drink. No one who cared about what was going on with the Sullivans or who I could just laugh with.
Now, I feel so blessed that there are several women with whom I live life with on a daily basis. Literally. We meet weekly. We email daily. We laugh together and cry together. We vent and complain together. We serve each other. We seek to bless each other and encourage each other. Thank you, girls, for your friendship and for your realness. I would not be here without you - that is for sure. Please don't leave! :)

Our Community Group got together this past Saturday at our friend's house in Westchester. It was a lovely time on so many levels. One thing I can say is that I sure don't take friends for granted now and I am so blessed to have these women as friends. Well, that was two things, but you understand. (Becky - I wish I had a picture of you!!) Here are some pics from our CG party. Thanks, Jayme, for everything! Let's do it again, soon. Your backyard or mine. :)





8 comments:
Friends like family = priceless!
thanks for sharing. this was very encouraging. after moving about a year agoI understand how hard it is to begin new friendships! Takes so much more time than I remembered.
i feel the same way... overwhelmingly thankful!!
love you!
Hehe, I need some pics of you guys, too!!! So glad you feel like you have these connections- you and David mean so much to many, many people here in NYC who love being able to "do life" with you guys, too!
it makes me so happy to see this post shawna. what an answer to prayer.
but...you can still feel free to move next door to me :)
i'm so happy you have great friends there, shawna! and i'm so happy that you know the importance of that. i love you and miss you!!
Aww I miss you guys! BUT, I love your new haircut!
So sweet!!
Isn't Kate's birthday soon/coming up? Do share! Hope its SO great!!
Post a Comment