There are many daughters who do not know an earthly father as gracious and loving and encouraging and well - just plain fun - as my dad. My feelings of gratitude extend far beyond this day in feeling humbled and blessed to have a dad like mine. I didn't think it could be possible, but you are even a better grandfather! Kate adores you.








I love you, dad. Hang in there during this tough time. You have led our family, with the Spirit's prompting, through many moves and over many bridges and this is yet another one. We are all excited to call Colorado home now and our memories in Texas as a family will never fade. Thank you for always being so transparent with me and allowing me in on your incredible journey through this life. Here's to another fun adventure!
I must also mention how blessed I am to have a wonderful father-in-law. Doak, thank you for always going out of your way to make me feel a part of this family. Thank you for all of the effort you make to be apart of our lives - even so far away. Thank you for calling me just to check in and see how I am doing. Thank you for your wisdom and insight. Thank you for storing all of my boxes. :) Thank you for loving country music and Carrie Underwood as much as I do. ha! Kate is ready for her first golf game when you are!
As for my husband, I can find fewer things that bring me as much joy as watching you with Kate. You continually show patience and such a servant heart as you come home from work and immediately get on the floor to play until she goes to bed. Thank you for partnering with me on this fun journey we are on and for leading our family so well.
I love watching Kate's face as she looks for you to come through that door. Just the rustling of keys sets off an alarm in her heart and she crawls as fast as she can to come see you. I love how she gets upset if you go change clothes first before picking her up because she longs that deeply to be in your arms. I love how she says your name every other word because that is the first thing she learned and all she has needed to say.
I love how she wants to do everything that dad is doing - even when it comes to eating popsicles and reading the Wall Street Journal. What can I say?
I love watching how you light up just by watching her light up in your presence. What a physical and tangible example you are of how our heavenly Father is so pleased at the sound of his daughter saying his name.
Thank you. Thank you for leaving work at a normal time to come home every day and every week. Thank you for all of the sacrifices you make on our behalf . And for those that you never make mention of audibly, we do notice and we are so thankful.
I hope your first Father's Day was a day full of gratitude and a day of feeling honored. Your girls adore you and love you.

8 comments:
how incredibly sweet.
david is an amazing daddy. it's very evident.
we are blessed to know all three of you!
oh. i love seeing those sweet photos of baby kate. they make my heart melt! i'm so glad you and kate have such a wonderful daddy... God is so good!
Love you...
how lucky little kate is to have such a wonderful daddy! i love your pictures and your sweet posts!
such a sweet tribute! yeah for awesome dads!!!
What a very sweet post! :)
so sweet.
and i answered your plea. there is an update on the blog. (but since we talked yesterday, it might all be old news!)
Wow! You've got me in tears. What a special tribute to your hubby and I agree with all that you have said about your Daddy. He played a special role in my life, as well!
That is a beautiful post. I love how Kate looks at her daddy so adoringly!
Post a Comment