Monday, November 19, 2007

New News

There are a few new things from this last week that I would like to share, for some reason. I don't know why, really, but hope you can enjoy them. 

* Kate has found her feet. She loves them and is very close to fitting them in her mouth. How can this be? Who teaches babies this strange act that doctors call "development"? Do you remember a time when you didn't realize you had feet? Don't answer that. 

* Yes, for all of you who asked and commented on the blog below - my hair is new. It is a new look for a new season and I think I like it so far. Thank you for your encouraging words!

*Kate rolled over for the first time. She had a frightened look on her face as she rolled from her stomach to her back and it was so funny to watch. After she "landed", David and I broke out into a loud cheer and she just smiled so big even though - I know - she had no idea what just happened. 

* It snowed today. No, not like accumulating snow, but snow flurries and it was quite thrilling actually. The holidays have arrived!

* David set up a new toy adventure for Kate this weekend and it was fun to watch her "explore". She realized quickly that she can s-p-i-n around. It was hysterical. 

* Kate enjoyed a playdate with her friend, Louise, again today and reached out to hold her hand. She's noticing other children so much more now and it was very sweet to watch her interact with her friend for the first time. Don't they look so grown up!?

* The most special new news is a new addition to the Sullivan family! Samuel David was born last Tuesday and is healthy and precious in every way. He was born in Montreal, Canada, so I have no idea how much he weighed (it's something kilos, you know), but we know he's here and that's all that matters! Welcome to the family!


Now it's YOUR turn. Do you have anything NEW you want to share? :) Come on, it's fun!

6 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

NEWS:
We are leaving for Dallas tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with the Honeycutt clan. We will celebrate "Thanksmas" on Saturday and exchange Christmas gifts then since we will be in Pittsburgh for Christmas with my family. :)
Jen

Kimber-Leigh said...

Congrats on your new nephew!

Hmmmm...new news...Madeleine officially has a belly button (that took forever!), Brent's parents arrive for Thanksgiving tomorrow, and we've decided to stay here in TX (since our house still hasn't sold yet) for December, so we get to get a Christmas tree! Yay!

Oh yeah...and the best news is that it's supposed to finally get pretty cold tonight! Just in time!

Anonymous said...

My new news is that I have a belly button too.

Christine said...

First of all, is Kate wearing a puffy vest? TOO CUTE! Ummm.....I got a bike...with a basket! And this is my last day in my 20s!

Kristian and Katy said...

I loved your updates!
New news... lets see...
we get to see the parade from above tomorrow! Kristian's office is in Herald Sq. so we are watching from there.

Old news- We love the Sullivans!

k

Angel2 said...

Ugh, the pic of her in the bathtub is gorgeous- really, she's so beautiful! I also love the last one where her "friend" seems so pleased that Kate has decided to hold her hand. ;-)

Ummm, news... 27 days until I have Caleb hopefully, and I get to have two kids at Christmas. Isn't that bizarre?