Thursday, November 29, 2007

5 Months


Yes, our little girl is already 5 months old. I have taken a few pictures this week to document this new stage. She seems so grown up to me already as she has long conversations with me throughout the day, can sit up on her own for about 15 seconds, can roll over from her tummy to her back, can push up higher on her tummy and look around, i could go on and on. 


She LOVES her conversations with Daddy when he gets home from work. This is how they talk - it's the cutest thing! She's like, "Mom - why are you interrupting my story time?"

Kate weighs 15 lbs, 5 oz and is 25 1/2 inches long. She is just about average with her 60 percentile self. Not a bad place to be, but it means she doesn't really fit in the sink anymore. She just "lounges" back and kicks her leg up, like she's just chillin' in the tub. She has quite a personality and sports some definite rolls!


Here's her "american gangsta" pose (she's giving you the "East Side" sign). She wasn't so happy with me putting the hat on her inside for the picture and she made this face. I was laughing SO hard. Like I said...she has quite the personality already! (Thanks, Kimber for the adorable sweater and hat!)


Let me tell you something - you do not want to mess with her in a dark alley way. LOL! Thanks for indulging me - it's another month, and that's a wrap.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she just gets cuter everyday! I totally see you in those pics. I love the gangsta one- let me tell you, I am AFRAID!! that is one bad baby!!

Kristian and Katy said...

oh my goodness- way too cute shawna. i love the talk time with daddy. what a precious family.

see you tonight!
k

andrea said...

aww... she's so cute.

Kimber-Leigh said...

What a cutie! She has grown since we saw her a month ago...it goes too fast! I love all the bath pictures you take...always "modest" but oh-so-cute!

And I'm glad the sweater and hat fit...they weren't meant to be "gansta" attire :) but what a funny picture!

Shannon Family said...

HEY!
Saw your blog through Kimber-leigh's Kate is just precious. I love that you all are bloggers:) It is fun to be able to see the kids grow up. It does go by fast. She is just precious and it looks like you are doing well.
Love,
Heather "Parkey":)Shannon

Honeycutt Family said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Hey Shawna! It looks like you are doing great - Kate is precious! I found your blog through Kimber's (she left a comment on mine today). I love that we can keep up with the kids this way. My little boy is almost 9 months old. Time flies! Oh, and Go Hogs Go! Fun to know that your brother is an Arkansas Razorback. We're definitely Hog fans (especially my husband). Love, Melissa (Banks) Wolfe

Angel2 said...

Oh my soul, her gangsta pose is a riot!