Monday, August 20, 2007

Coast to Coast

From New York to Colorado,

From Colorado to San Diego...


From the Cabin to La Costa.



We have just come back from a whirlwind trip around the country. We started out thinking we were just going to Colorado to relax for a few days in the mountains at the family cabin. Then David's boss called and needed him in San Diego for the remainder of the week and generously offered for Kate and I to join him. Uh - OK. You didn't have to tell me twice.


So, we went from the mountains to the beach. We were so unprepared that we had to go buy David some work clothes for his meetings (and a few extra of some other things, doncha know - to make it through the week). I didn't even know where we were staying and it ended up being this amazing resort, La Costa, in Carlsbad. (about 30 min outside of San Diego) While David worked, Kate and I enjoyed being outside - soaking in all of the sun. I was also able to see my dear friend, Andrea, which is always a treat!






When David was off work, we went to Oceanside and walked out on the longest wooden pier ever and then went to La Jolla and enjoyed breakfast overlooking the Cove. It was breathtaking and absolutely gorgeous. In response to my previous blog...we are now praying that God might "call" us to La Jolla next. ha!



It's definitely fun to be spontaneous...and baby Kate was so good! At 7 weeks - Kate can now say she has been coast to coast!

She's also learned how to smile for the first time at the cabin with Pa Paw (of course)! Now, she smiles at Mommy and Daddy all day long and it's the cutest thing ever. :)

4 comments:

Kimber-Leigh said...

baby smiles just make my heart melt! glad you guys had such a fun and adventurous trip!

Honeycutt Family said...

Beautiful pictures!
What a fun time!
:)
Jen
P.S. Baby Kate is looking so big already!

A Looney Life said...

YEA for smiles, I am sure that you heart turns to mush! She is getting more beautiful each blog. I am jealous, I only got to go to Greenville with Ryan and are missing out on the California trip next week! Hope everything is going great for my favorite little family!

Christine said...

She is TOO cute! And such a little traveler already! I'm with you....let's move to San Diego right now! I love La Jolla!