Sunday, August 26, 2007

Farewell

Well, it's that time again. It's time to say goodbye to friends who have come to New York for a year and are ready to head back to Dallas and to a more suburban lifestyle. Our college friends, Megan and Randy Evans moved this past weekend and I could not let them go without having a small dinner party to send them off.

The good thing is that most of our friends choose Dallas after leaving New York, so it's promising that we will see them again in the near future. :) Here is the crew from this past farewell party.


Menu: homemade lasagna, a strawberry summer salad, and this yummy four-layer dessert. It's the easiest thing ever - you should try it!

Four-Layer Dessert

lst Layer: (1) cup flour, (1/2) cup chopped nuts, (1) stick butter
Combine and press into oblong pan. Bake 350 for 20 minutes

2nd Layer: (8) oz. cream cheese, (1) cup powdered sugar, (1) cup of
(9) oz carton cool whip. Blend well and spread on first layer

3rd Layer: (2) packages (4 oz) instant pudding - any flavor) (Butterscotch or chocolate are the best)
(3) cups milk - Mix and pour over 2nd layer

4th Layer: Spread rest of (9) oz carton cool whip on top.
Garnish as desired (shave chocolate or chopped nuts)

Chill and Serve!

5 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

YUMMMM!! That dinner was awesome. Thanks for a wonderful evening.

Christine said...

Did you cut your hair?? I know another name for that 4 layer dessert...sex in a pan :)

Shawna said...

No - I didn't cut my hair...but that's the funniest name I've ever heard of for a dessert. Thanks for making me laugh out loud! :)

Anonymous said...

AH! Sex in a pan. That is hilarious.
Um, it does sound good.
I am sorry people are leaving. Sad. Maybe have some more sex in a pain- that should help.

Kristian and Katy said...

Sex in a pan is maybe the most frightening name I could conceive of for a dessert! It seems to connote that "sex" is something that can be somehow captured or concentrated - you know, to be bottled or put in a pan. THEN, it feels quite like I'm eating that sex. I'd rather eat dessert out of a pan...dessert made of chocolate and graham crackers, not sex...
-Kristian