Friday, September 5, 2008

Foreshadowing?

Kate turned 14 months a few weeks ago and has become a bit more difficult and a bit more adorable. I'm not sure how that works, but it does. We are really adoring everything she does right now, except...well, the arching of the back and the throwing of the food. 

The other day I was in the kitchen and noticed Kate had been really quiet for a while and I wanted to see what she was doing. I peeked around our bar and noticed her on the 
floor next to the bookshelf. "How sweet. She loves to read," I thought. Then I noticed what she was reading. Of all the books ... she chose this one.


She literally was acting like she was reading every page intently. SCARY! Especially since David and I have just finished reading it and are in the process of talking through our "parenting strategies" and the book says that these "strong-willed" children will want to read the book. Are you serious? Surely, they are not talking about my 14 month old. Oh my. Please help me.


Here are some other random pics we've taken over the last few weeks with Miss Kate at 14 months. She is a handful but is full of joy and personality and expression and drama and energy and sweet laughter. Some of her favorite things are: 

Eating avocados...still...

Walking everywhere...and sometimes running...which gets tricky now in New York City...

Her "older" friends at church. They love Kate and she LOVES them. I really think that she thinks she is as old as they are...uh oh. 
Storytime with Grandma (Nana right now - b/c that is what Kate can say)...
Smiling SO big  - just like a chipmunk...
Walks with Papaw outside...
Exploring in very small spaces...
Going to fun events...like story time at Pottery Barn...



...oh - we are having too much fun with her. 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so stinking funny.
that pics is one for the Stingerette slideshow (or her version of it) for sure!

Kimber-Leigh said...

oh, i just want to kiss her cheeks :)

(and i bet dobson would get a kick out of that picture!)

Unknown said...

That's the best picture - she has to know how cute she is...I'm with Kimber-leigh - you might want to send that to Dr. Dobson! I love how she loves the camera now - she's the cutest baby girl ever...besides her mommy and auntie! How do I change my posting name to "Nana"?

La Gringa Sonria said...

That's hilarious! You know, when I checked that book out at the library I actually had to drag Abby (the one to whom was driving me to get the book in the first place) out of the library kicking and SCREAMING because I wouldn't let her get a book she wanted. I strapped her into her car seat, locked the doors and "calmly" walked back into the library, handed the lady my library card and checked out my book. I'm sure she loved re-telling that story to all of her librarian friends!!

Kristian and Katy said...

Hilarious!!!!
sweet kate.
these pictures are adorable. i love her smile.

.kp. said...

funny the first time, funnier the second.

kinsey said...

she is PRECIOUS!!

Allie said...

Love that story!!!

What a cutie.

FordeFam said...

I love her book of choice!!! We have that one too!!! ;) She's soooo cute!