David and I were pleasantly surprised when we were offered tickets to the US Open last night in the NBC luxury box.
You did not have to twist our arms. The only catch was to find a sitter within 2 hours. We were up for the challenge. Thanks to our sweet friends, we were able to go and enjoy an extremely fun evening.
Our dear and generous friends, The Roses, accepted the job of bringing Kate home from Central Park (where we were celebrating my friend, Christine's, birthday) bathing her, getting her into bed and hanging out until we got home. THANK YOU, Roses!!!!!
The US Open has been on our list of things to see before we "leave" one day. (whatever that means) Little did we know that we would be able to enjoy it in such style. Ha
.
Our friend, who is the Art Director over all of NBC's Sports and Olympics, was thoughtful enough to offer us these special tickets. What a treat! In the first match, we watched Elena Dementieva, the women's singles gold medalist from Beijing advance, and in the second match we watched Novak Djokovic, currently ranked #3 in the country, secure his journey toward the finals. We watched, of course, while drinking wine and eating amazing food in the box, just a few seats away from some you may recognize... Luke Wilson, Wayne Knight (Newman - from Seinfeld), and Chace Crawford to name a few. Maria Bartiromo was in the box with us along with a few others we totally recognized from NBC shows. What a night!
Chace Crawford - a few boxes away (in white shirt and hat - sitting out front).
Arthur Ashe Stadium at night.

4 comments:
im glad it was so much fun!! what an awesome experience.
and we got the good end of the deal with sweet baby kate. i just hope her shirt recovered.
Those sweet Roses! What a fun night....
going to the us open was one of my fav ny memories, I am so glad you got to do it - and do it in style!
How awesome! And so swanky! :)
Did you yell, "NEWMAN!" to Wayne Knight? I would have been tempted...
But, I have to admit, that I feel soooo out of it because I have NO IDEA who Chace Crawford is.
Post a Comment