10 years ago:
I would have been a freshman at Baylor University and going through pledging, I believe about now. What a funny time b/c I finally started feeling more settled in school second semester and had met the girls who are now my dearest friends. In fact, I am getting ready to see those precious girls on Thursday for our college roommate reunion! I was also probably leading some ridiculous bible study called, Lady in Waiting for the girls on 2 North in Collins. Oh brother. Does anyone read that anymore?
Things on my to-do list today:
* Meet with my mom prayer group and print out sheets (check)
* Call my mom (check)
* Run by grocery store (check)
* Check weather in Norman and in Dallas
* Lay out clothes for Kate & I and get packed for trip to TX tomorrow
* Work out
* Try to eat while Kate's napping (check)
* Complete my "tag" answers (check)
* Get more Shampoo
* Read my daily bible passage (even though I am still behind)
* Have the place semi-picked up by the time David gets home
* Make dinner
* Have quality time with David tonight, since I won't see him for a week
What would I do if I suddenly became a Billionaire?
* Own a vineyard and make our own wine.
* Buy a mountain home in CO, so we can see our family and enjoy the mountains.
* Start an orphanage/school for children who are sold into sex slavery or at risk.
* Send Kate to Montessori school in the City.
* Take my whole family to Italy and travel a ton
* Buy a building in NY that can be our church home EVERY Sunday for Apostles
Three of my bad habits are:
1. Not hanging up my clothes every day.
2. Eating something sweet after dinner.
3. Comparing myself to other people and allowing them to determine my significance.
Five jobs I have had:
1. Babysitter
2. Accounting intern at a travel agency
4. Auditor in public accounting
5. Campus recruiter
6. Project Manager/ Marketer
Five things people don't know about me:
1. I have given up "comparing myself to others" for Lent.
2. One of my goals is to be on the board of a non-profit, preferably one working with sex slavery in some capacity.
3. I only drink decaf coffee now.
4. I am known for helping people with their resume & giving "career" counseling and get asked all of the time for advice.
5. I dance with or for Kate when she's fussy and it makes her laugh every time.
9 comments:
yes! lady in waiting...a classic.
hope you're having a blast!!!
love
k
while you were leading a study in "Lady in Waiting" I was probably corrupting the Christian sub-culture by leading a study of "I Kissed Dating Goodbye." I wonder if I jinxed myself?! :)
I read "Lady in Waiting" just before meeting Matt. I saw it the other day at Mardel's with a new, updated cover...
You should check out my friend, Courtney Orrange's, blog some time. She is a HUGE advocate for eliminating sex trafficking. I have a link on my blog to hers. She is AWESOME!
Thanks for the fun facts, Shawna! Have a fun trip to TX!
Love,
Jen
hi. it was so fun to see you girls this weekend!
Hey Shawna! I just caught up on you guys - you are such a great blogger! So glad y'all are doing well. Give Kate a squeeze for us...
This is really fun! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the bad habit of not hanging up my clothes every day! Hahaha! Also, I read Lady in Waiting and I Kissed Dating Goodbye! :)
hi shawna. i don't know if you remember me or not, but i went to baylor and i think we lived on the same floor in collins?? ha. anyway, i knew david pretty well in college and somehow came upon yall's blog...i love reading your posts and seeing pictures of your precious little girl and thought it was just time to say "hi!" tell david hello...
-kinsey (branum) powell
hi kinsey!
great to hear from you - and david says hi too. hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment