So, I've heard the most interesting thing lately from my fashion-forward friends and family (ahem...Stephanie). Supposedly, the new thing is to continue wearing your white jeans and pants, even though it's AFTER labor day. I'm not kidding. I know. This morning, I passed 3 very stylish women of all ages still in their white jeans/ pants.
I thought to myself, " Can I do this, or is it ingrained in me from my Texas days that this is forbidden?" I don't know, friends, I really don't know. Can you do it?
Are you still wearing sandals? Are you wearing linen? Are you still wearing white pants or jeans? Do tell. Could you, if you knew that was the "new" look during the Fall? Random, I know, but this is what's on my mind today.
8 comments:
hmmmm....this pregnant girl isn't going anywhere near white pants for some time :) i'm still wearing sandals...but it's still too warm in texas for much else! my mom tells the funniest story of being a freshman at baylor (from miami) and wearing white shoes to church one day after labor day...and feeling completely awkward! i'd stick with your texas roots :)
I am wondering the same thing. Although my Harolds fashion friend, Amanda says NO WAY! I too saw 2 very stylish looking people in white this week. 1 had on a linen white tank under a deni jacket and was carrying a white bag and the other had on white pants and was also carrying a white leather bag. So, add that to your list of things that make you go Hmmmm.
I have to admit as I sit here I have on linen capris and flip flops....but they are black, does that make it any better?
It's still hot here...you better believe I'm wearing sandals! :)
I have seen, read, and heard about the white pants after labor day. I have not heard anything about linen...I think linen is a summer fabric but totally acceptable while it is extremely hot in Texas/south. I am all about embracing the new fashion...I love my white pants :)
I don't know why Caroline's name is on my google name...trying to fix that.hmmm just Stephanie
I think this became a trend within the last couple of years. I like it (but I'm an East Coast gal).
:)
I don't even like white pants in the summer, so I say NAY to wearting them after labor day.
I love hearing everyone's thoughts, and make no mistake about it - I, too, will wear flip flops at least for a few more weeks. :)
Post a Comment