In honor of them, I wanted to just share a few of my favorite things about two of my favorite people.
David (a.k.a Husband, Sweetheart, Daddy)
* I love the way he listens with his heart and his eyes no matter what time of day it is or how tired he might be.
* I love how he finds joy in serving and is an example to everyone around him of his selflessness.
* I love how he is respected by everyone who knows him, including his wife.
* I love that his character is impeccable and he is first to admit a weakness, making him ever more valiant in my eyes.
* I love how his face lights up when he sees Kate and how she looks when she's staring in his eyes.
* I love his jokes and his sense of humor. He can make me laugh harder than anyone and it's always when I least expect it.
* I love that he never has to be right despite the fact that he mostly always is, never has to be the center of attention despite the fact that people love to talk with him, and he remains so humble despite the fact that he is so successful and is the smartest person I know.
* I love that how he tries to cheer me up when I've had a bad day and always makes me feel like I am the most important person in his life no matter what.
* I love that he comes home from work as early as he can every day to spend time with Kate and I.
* I love that he always offers to help with anything I am doing - no matter what it is or how he feels.
* I just love him. He is truly my best friend.
I love you, sweetheart, and am completely humbled and honored to be your wife and the mother to our daughter.
Today, Kate and I surprised him at his office with cupcakes in hand. It was SO fun to see his face, when we walked into his boss's office during their "meeting".


Rhett (a.k.a Buddy, Peter Pan)
* I love how he makes me and my family laugh. He is by far the comic relief in the Richardson household and he is truly hysterical!
* I love that his favorite part of being an Arkansas Razorback is the opportunity to make kids smile - those who are less fortunate, or who get to come to the game and see the players due to a sickness - that is really and truly his favorite part of this new found fame.
* I love his sweet spirit and big heart. Example, read above.
* I love that he loves my husband as if he was always part of the family, and how he loves Kate and tries so hard to be her "favorite uncle".
* I love that he loves family and would still rather just hang out at home with everyone than go out with his friends (or even girl-friends!). ha.
* I love his prayers before mealtime and the insight that he has always possessed for as long as I can remember.
I love you, Buddy, and am SO proud of you!
You can see Rhett again this Saturday on ESPN 2, as the Razorbacks take on Kentucky (don't know their team mascot) at 6pm Central! He is #51. We'll be cheering for you, Rhett!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOYS!!! I love you!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday David and Rhett!
Yeah for great husbands and brothers! Happy birthday!
What great character traits. Someone once said: "Husbands are the family we choose" so nice that David fits so well with your family! Happy Birthday boys!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!! we are so thankful for you. much love to you.
(and rhett, too- we like watching your games. you have fans you don't even know)
WOW!! You brought tears to my eyes!! What precious sweet words about your hubby and sweet, little Rhett. I keep telling Ben how little he used to be...when did he grow up?
We got to watch Rhett last night. We are in Cleveland b/c Ben's brother was rushed out here for emergency surgery and I was flipping channels in the hotel room and found Rhett!! So fun!!
Happy Birthday to your men!!
Meredith
aww - i loved reading the things you love about your hubbie! i'm so sad that the one weekend i'll be in your city, you'll be out of town! bummer! oh well, maybe i'll just have to make another trip out to the big apple before returning to the other side of the world...
happy bday, dave! good job on being such an amazing and caring husband and father!
Post a Comment