Those of you who know me, know my CD collection. So, I thought I would blog about a few of my fav CDs in my recent collection, by genre.
I bought a new CD and I LOVE it. You may know of her already, but if you don't - it's a MUST for Fall. :) The CD is called CoCo by Colbie Caillat and she is amazing! I love every song, but my fav and one of her well known singles is "Bubbly". Check it out!! So good.
She sounds like a young Sheryl Crow and looks kind of like Jennifer Aniston in a weird way, don't you think?
On the Country side, I have Miranda Lambert (LOVE "Everybody Dies Famous in Small Town" and The Wreckers (a.k.a Michelle Branch and another girl) . Because Country is my favorite (yes, I admit it) I get to have 2 picks. Ooh wait- I love Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood too. Oh gosh.
For the Christian side, I bought a new CD for Kate and I actually like it for me. It's a compilation of several female artists, including Nichole Nordeman - who is my all time fav artist. There is one song called "You Are Good". It's amazing. You've GOT to listen to it.

Speaking of... I've really been wanting some new worship CDs and I went to Best Buy and was just disappointed in the selection. There aren't really Christian bookstores here in the City, so I need YOUR help. Do you have any that you recommend that are your favorites?
I want some for me and then some for Kate...so if you have any worship CDs that you recommend for children, too, that would be great. Thanks, friends.
You know what I always say...enjoy the music!
8 comments:
I have a few for my kiddos that I love!!! I would definitely recommend Fernando Ortega's Shadow of Your Wings!!! That's a great one for both of you! Also, the one that I suggest mostly for Kate, Steve Green has a series of CD's called Hide Em'In Your Heart! My kids love them and they are straight scripture! You will find yourself memorizing the Word along with your little girl! :) I went to listen to that CD and it seems like a great one! :) I love all of those artists!!! :) Blessings,
Maia ><>
LOVE Sing Over Me! Isn't that so great? I'm a fan of anything by Nichole Nordeman or Bethany Dillon. Also, one of my favorites is the band Watermark - Nathan & Christy Nockels. All of their CDs are amazing.
So funny - I just received Sing Over Me! The gift giver said it was her absolute favorite. At this point I have no suggestions :o)
we love the steve green cd's too!
Ok, girl. You've touched on a subject I love! :)
Colbie's cd IS amazing & if y'all don't have it, it's a must buy for SURE.
Feist is another favorite of mine. Love her music.
Phil Wickham's cd is really amazing. If you go to http://www.philwickham.com/ you can listen to the full record to see if you like it.
Robbie Seay's new record is awesome. I think you can listen to a few full tracks on his MySpace.
If you like Bethany Dillon, she has an acoustic digital EP coming out on iTunes 10/2. It's really, really great.
Sing Over Me is so good for sure. I hear it's the cd sweet Judah sleeps too every night. ;)
I think Watermark needs to put out a lullaby cd. Don't you? Would be SOOO good.
Random other artists records I like: NeedToBreathe (The Heat), Ray LaMontage, Paolo Nutini, John Legend...ok, I'll stop. ;)
Yes, its true!! Judah does sleep to sing over me every night. It is such sweet praise music!!
That is funny b/c I just told Joel I wanted to listen/buy to the girl that sings Bubbly and the Wreckers. We are SO on the same page!!
Yay! Thank you friends!! I have some GREAT CD plans now.
I am so glad you like Colbie...another soft female voice I am kind of liking right now is Ingrid Michaelson. She sings the sweater song on the new Old Navy commercial...look her up, she is incredible! I must say I am also caught up in the High School Musical soundtracks, they are THE BEST for the car..but I like musicals :)
Post a Comment