Last Saturday night, we went out to a fun sushi dinner at one of our favorite places, Haru, located just a few blocks away. When I say "we" I mean my Dad, my Mom, Rhett, David, Kate and I. We had earlier reservations so that we could get back and get Kate in bed, which means we were kind of rushing out the door. I had taken a quick shower to feel "fresh and clean" right before getting ready - which is always a good thing. I think everything is fine, but ...
We are in the middle of dinner and David looks down at my shirt and says, "Sweetheart, I think it's time for you to feed Kate". I was like, what? So, I looked down and there is a HUGE wet spot right below my boob. NICE! That's not awkward at all. My mom was like..."did you remember your nursing pads"? and that's when it hit me. I ran out the door completely unprotected. Everyone busted out laughing...and I did too. I felt so stupid and absentminded. People were staring. It was great.
So, David went to the restroom and grabbed some paper towels that I folded up and stuck in my bra. Now, I look like I'm stuffing my bra b/c you can see the corners of the towels and it looks like my boobs are now a nice square shape. Lovely.
I guess it was just bound to happen at some point. Well, for me - it did on Sat night. Any of you have funny "mom" stories you would like to share? I'm sure there are worse things that could happen...but this was a pretty good first.
5 comments:
Awww! I can't imagine! That's a good warning for me. Maybe we should keep some in our purses "just in case". :)
Classic! That'll be a good one to tell Kate one day!
well, this didn't happen to me, but I was at a restaraunt the other day and a lady was breast feeding what looked like her 3 yr old. (Side note: no offense if someone reading this has chosen to do that, but I think it's weird and absolutely disgusting). The child was playing... like literally petting her other boob. Then he pulled it out of her shirt and kept playing with it. It was literally a good 30 seconds later before she realized her boob was hanging out.
Wow--Andrea's story is gross on many, many levels!!!!
No super-funny Mom stories here, but unfortunately one time Grace had a "diaper explosion" that leaked onto my khaki's once in front of a couple where the husband DID NOT want kids AT ALL! I'm sure that sealed the deal for him too! Thankfully, we were at home, so I just went upstairs and changed both me and Grace.
Love,
Jen
P.S. Shawna--I got your post on my blog about churches. We do a "house church" right now with about 10 people. Your parents are ALWAYS welcome to come to that. Or else I have heard great things about Centennial, West Bowles, and Foothills Bible. All of them are in Littleton off of C-470 and Bowles Ave. Hope that helps a bit...
oh my gosh- that is too funny!!
I think Centenial is the one where they asked us to be on staff!! :)
Post a Comment