1. meet more of her adoring family for the FIRST time: Aunt Stephanie and Papaw Dennis
2. Go on her FIRST trip to Central Park at 4 days old

3. Take her FIRST bath

4. Go to her FIRST doctor's visit and find her thumb for the FIRST time.

She now weighs 7 lbs and is 20 3/4 inches long; she just keeps growing each day and we are super thankful that all is working appropriately and she is healthy!
5. The FOUR girls together for the FIRST time

We are excited to share with you more of her "firsts", as we treasure each day with this little gift. We are still working on sleeping through the night. We are averaging a good 3 hours - maybe. For those of you who are moms, you remember that well. Having Grandma and Papaw here definitely helps, and I try to take naps as often as I can. If you have any advice, feel free to leave it here! :)
We just love looking at her sweet face as we make these fun and FIRST new memories. We can't wait for you all to meet her!
4 comments:
What a precious little bundle. These pictures are great and I am so impressed with your updates!! No advice here, maybe only to remember that this time does NOT last forever. You will get uninterrupted sleep again, and your body will feel (somewhat) back to normal. On those days that it feels like it will be forever-- its not! :)
congratulations, shawna!!!baby kate is so beautiful!!
all of these pictures are so great. my advice for you...do whatever you need to do to survive! these first few weeks and months are the hardest, so just do whatever works best for you and for her, and you both will be just fine. ;)
blessings to the three of you!!!
angie iles
Thank you, girls, for your words of encouragement! It's good to know you're not alone. We have a good night every once and a while and then we just take naps when we can. :)
Hi Shawna!
I ran across your blog from Courtney's...and oh my! How exciting that your sweet little one has arrived. Kate is precious!! Congratulations!! I have no advice...but looks like I'll be getting some from you. ;)
Post a Comment