"What? You mean 'us' who hardly work out and live at sea level?" I asked.
Over the course of a few weeks, I started asking around and realized there is this whole "14er" culture that exists for people who want to climb the 50 some mountains in Colorado with an elevation of 14,000 ft. or higher. Who knew? At first, I thought it was crazy. Now, after hiking my first one, I can understand the addiction. We will be back.
We decided to climb Mt. Bierstadt, measuring in at 14,060 ft. in elevation.
It was truly one of the most magnificent experiences I have had in my life. Not only did I experience the struggle and proud feeling of making it to the summit, but I experienced it with my husband. There was something so symbolic about this journey for me - for us. I'm not sure I will go into all of it with you, but it is a profound moment to look back at the journey you have traveled together - navigating rushing water and large cascading boulders - leading to the magnificence of the summit. To know you have accomplished something major together is an amazing feeling. I will not forget it. To follow my husband on this journey and even when he was behind me making sure I did not fall, I still felt his leadership.
I am ever so thankful we did this together. We did it!
4 comments:
WOW. That is absolutely stunning! I'm sure you'll never forget that experience and how neat that you and David got to do that together.
Congrats on a great accomplishment!!!! :)
P.S. Next time y'all are out visiting your parents we should try and meet up for dinner or something. Let us know...
what an accomplishment...it makes me a little sore just thinking about it...
Good for you guys! That is so awesome. CO is absolutely breathtaking. I'm so glad you had the chance to go out there!!! And another congrats to David on the CFA test!!!
Post a Comment