Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adventures in Brooklyn

On Sunday afternoon, we hit the road and walked the Brooklyn Bridge. Yes, I've lived here five years and this would be my first time to really walk the bridge. It was amazingly fun. We felt like tourists and that was surprisingly invigorating. Sometimes I forget where we live! Time to enjoy more of it. That's what I'm saying. 



Then we enjoyed some time hanging out in Dumbo (down under the manhattan bridge overpass). It's a great area and is super trendy now. I'm not kidding - that's really what it stands for...would I make that up? It's really known as Dumbo. It was a perfect place to spend a gorgeous Sunday afternoon with the family. 


7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Beautiful photos! And Kate is a little model!

Becksta said...

Such a beautiful day for that! When we walked the bridge quite some time back, we had the most incredible ice cream at the "Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory" overlooking the water. Gotta go back...

Kimber-Leigh said...

such wonderful pictures! kate is precious.

Kristian and Katy said...

finally catching up on checking my regular blogs :)
how fun that you guys made a little day trip! we went to dumbo once with kristian's mom and had so much fun. im glad you were enjoying the city.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

love your blog...i came over from courtney's. looks like such a blast. my sis-in-law just moved to ny last month and is loving every minute.

Anonymous said...

Funny. It cracks me up that so many NY places are named after initals. I mean, it makes sense, but DUMBO?