It's a Saturday morning, blue skies and sunny in NYC and you have a 9 month old...what do you do? Go to the park! This is only Kate's second time to try out the swings and her first time to try the slide and she loved them both!







I've had a rough week with Kate. I'm not sure if there are mothers out there who can relate, but my guess is that there is. I feel as though she is one step ahead of me in this new phase of testing me to find her independence, but still needing to rely on me for everything. Feeding herself, crawling, pulling herself up to her knees, talking/yelling, you name it, she's trying it. It's been a rough one. Oh - and did I mention getting 4 teeth in at the same time? I think we are going to make it though this phase...and then the next one will come soon enough, I know.
It's days like this though - family days - that are the best. It makes all of the other days and frustrations fade away, at least until tomorrow. :)
10 comments:
Sooo fun!!!!
Yes, mothering is such a weird combination of emotions! I understand where you're at: You ask her if she wants more and she does something that makes you think she wants more and when you give it to her she freaks out! Glad you had a nice day at the park-great photos and great perspective for you!
Can't wait to see her again-and you guys, too :)
That second picture is absolutely hilarious!
such cute pictures!
and i wish that i could say mothering gets easier....but...the good news is that it is always worth it. always. know that i'm thinking and praying for you!
those pictures are so cute! i wish i could go to the park with yall!
i'm sorry you're having a rough week. :(
How can you be upset with that sweet little face? Ha ha, just kidding, I know exactly how. That cuteness doesn't fool me, kiddos out there.
I understand! Hang in there with teething, it is hard on Jackson, too. Great family day pictures. And thanks for sharing your feelings. The swing and slide looked like so much fun!
God will never give you more than you can handle! I guess he wanted to spice things up a little with your precious sassy baby! Already she is creating the foundations of her personality and understanding boundaries :) Its a big blessing you can be at home to direct these foundations to be pleasing to our Lord and help mold who she will be!!
She is as precious as ever! I hope you are having a great beginning to the new week. Miss you guys!
Always love the pics, Shawna.
I know what you mean about the frustrating days. Today is DEFINITELY one for me. UGH!
Hang in there, girl! :)
Post a Comment