Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sister Fun

It's not often that I get to see my sister, Alicia, and in NYC at that! She lives in LA and it's difficult to connect on the phone - being three hours apart - let alone see each other in person. We had a such a fun time with her on Sunday and Monday; here is a little recap of our time together as we celebrated her birthday. 

Sunday afternoon we went to see a play on Broadway, called  august: osage county. I went with my good friend, Katy, Alicia and her friend. For more information on the play, you should read Katy's blog.  It is about a dysfunctional family and is a bit dark, but we found it so captivating; it had our undivided attention. Really interesting. There were a lot of actors in it who were also TV personalities...my personal favorite was Thatcher Grey (Meredith's dad on Grey's Anatomy). Did I mention it was 3 hours and 20 minutes long? 

We had GREAT seats and the best part was that we sat 3 rows behind Meg Ryan!! Yay for another celebrity sighting. She was so close to us and yet we couldn't take a picture of her because she kept looking at us. So - I took one right as she got in the car. Here it is. If you look closely, you'll see her blonde hair. 

Then, Sunday night David and I met Alicia and her friend at one of our favorite NY restaurants -  maybe my most favorite - La Esquina. You walk in a fast food taqueria and then go through a back door and down stairs, through the kitchen and then you get into the restaurant.  It is in SoHo and is a definite must if you are visiting NYC!

Monday, Alicia came over to see Kate and play. She taught Kate how to say "auntie" and she has been saying it nonstop ever since! Come on - how about MOMMY!? Not yet. 

6 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

What fun family time!
And thanks for letting me live vicariously through you with all of your fun celebrity sightings! :)
Love,
Jen

Kimber-Leigh said...

so glad you had a great time with alicia! and how fun to see meg ryan!

La Gringa Sonria said...

Alicia looks great-how fun to get to see her in NYC! Kate is so precious, and saying Auntie-how fun! Trust me, the "Momma" will come and you'll never remember the times that she didn't say it-maybe just the times that you wish she'd take a break from saying it!

Love the new blog-look, too. I love the green/paisley, super fun!

Kristian and Katy said...

yay! im so glad she got to spend time with kate!
and i'm glad you got your sister time :)
i think im going to steal your pic and add it to my blog!
thanks again for the play- it was so fun.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Happy birthday to Alicia!!

Jennifer said...

I had "sister fun" this past weekend too! Not as much success getting my nephew, Henry, to say "Auntie". Maybe next time? And...I feel so much better driving my rental PT Cruiser now that I know Meg Ryan will ride in one.