Thursday, January 31, 2008

FAO. It's Easy as...1..2..3


How have I lived in NY for 4 years and had my first FAO Schwarz experience today? I do not know. It is a tremendous store and such a fun experience for EVERYONE! My mom, Kate, and I went to FAO for lunch and an afternoon of fun. Yes, I said afternoon. We were there 4 hours. Can that be?!

We began by having lunch in the FAO cafe - surprisingly great and of course, kid friendly. We then spent most of our time down on the baby/preschool floor letting Kate play with oversized stuffed animals and toys, toys, toys. Here are some pics of her in her first (and last - according to David) Mercedes Benz and riding on a "rocking" duck. ha. She looks like a pro!

We then made our way up to the 2nd floor for the "BIG" piano, Barbie boutique and Lego Land. Loved them all. I could just picture Kate a few years from now running around there with her head spinning on what to see first. I can't wait. 

We had a lovely time and then as we were on our way out - we saw a celebrity just shopping around the store. She was tall, beautiful, and yes...friends, it was Liv Tyler. LOVE her!! She was so close to us and we just stared at her - even when she glanced at us. She was so beautiful and it was a fun way to end our perfect afternoon! I get to add her to our "celebrity sighting" list. 

Let me tell you...even if you don't have children - FAO is a must for your next visit to NYC! I can't wait to go back. 

9 comments:

Allie said...

How fun!

Kristian and Katy said...

we love FAO! we take almost every visitor there! we love to go in to the candy bar and get the mini chocolate covered oreos. they're awesome.
what a fun day! and liv tyler?? wow.

Christine said...

LOVE that FAO! Especially right before Christmas!

Kristian and Katy said...

ps- love kate's face in the car.

Anonymous said...

Adorable pics! I always took every house guest there when they came to visit. Even Will's parents! They actually wanted to stay there longer than my little brothers ever did! There is truly no other store like it - gotta love it!!

Honeycutt Family said...

SO FUN! And I love Liv Tyler! WOW! I am such a geek and get excited whenever we see anyone that is even part-celebrity. A few years ago on a vacation to CA we rode a rental car bus with Victoria Jackson from SNL--she is blonde and has a very high pitched voice and was on with Phil Hartman in the late 80's/early 90's I think. Matt was like, "She is such a minor celebrity!" but I couldn't stop looking at her! HA!
I love FAO too! I've only been once or twice, but it is so fun! Weren't you a bit disappointed, though, that the "Big" piano was so small compared to the one in the movie? Maybe we found the wrong one, but it seemed TINY!
Love,
Jen
P.S. You should do a whole post on all the celebs you have seen in NYC! :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

i love FAO too! and it's always fun to take pictures there, even if you're "all grown up"!

Anonymous said...

So fun!! I haven't been since I was a kid, but it looks like it is still just as much fun :o)

Note to David..."Come on - no Mercedes?! Kate needs to be riding in style!"

Jenny

Becky Fenn said...

She is getting so big. AND - always precious! It looks like you guys had such a fun trip to FAO:)