Saturday, October 27, 2007

Please Read and Pass Along

You may already know about this, but I just learned about a kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). Please follow this link, and then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get a lot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up. I'm going to tell everyone about this movie.
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

We, as the Jesus community, should not be surprised by these words and actions, but allow it to serve as a reminder that there is always a spiritual battle going on and we, likewise, must always be on our guard with faith and prayer. Join with me.

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

Shawna,
Thank you for making us all aware of this horrible movie. This is just so sad and scary! I sent an email with the snopes link to my whole address book. Hopefully this movie will not be a success!
In Him,
Jen