This post happens to be at my husband's expense, but let me start by saying a few encouraging words. This weekend I needed to go the dentist and David is always more than willing to babysit Kate for a few hours or longer, which allows me to get out and enjoy some "me" time. I appreciate that so much, because as you other mothers know...that is much needed from time to time. :)
So, I needed to go the dentist and decided that instead of taking a cab back, I would walk the 20 or so blocks. It was beautiful outside and I thought it would be nice to soak it all in. On my way back, I receive a call from "husband".
Husband: "I'm an idiot".
Me: "What happened?", thinking to myself, please tell me Kate is OK and you are OK and she didn't like fall out of her stroller or something.
Husband: "Well, I was helping clean the kitchen and I was sterilizing your breast pump materials. Kate woke up and I was feeding her and then started to smell this strange smell. Then I realized, I had put them on the stove in a pot of boiling water and forgot about them. They are now destroyed. [paraphrased]
Knowing that I need to go into the office this week to clean out my office and turn in my computer, I knew I needed to pump for the babysitter. Sigh. I respond,
Me: Oh no. OK, I hope we can buy some replacement parts, because I'll probably need them this week.
By the time I got home, David had already found a store a few blocks away that we could buy the parts and I got everything new for less than $20. :) Yea. A successful recovery. However, I could NOT resist the urge to take a picture of what I came home to on Saturday. It is ... momma artwork, if you will.
So, I needed to go the dentist and decided that instead of taking a cab back, I would walk the 20 or so blocks. It was beautiful outside and I thought it would be nice to soak it all in. On my way back, I receive a call from "husband".
Husband: "I'm an idiot".
Me: "What happened?", thinking to myself, please tell me Kate is OK and you are OK and she didn't like fall out of her stroller or something.
Husband: "Well, I was helping clean the kitchen and I was sterilizing your breast pump materials. Kate woke up and I was feeding her and then started to smell this strange smell. Then I realized, I had put them on the stove in a pot of boiling water and forgot about them. They are now destroyed. [paraphrased]
Knowing that I need to go into the office this week to clean out my office and turn in my computer, I knew I needed to pump for the babysitter. Sigh. I respond,
Me: Oh no. OK, I hope we can buy some replacement parts, because I'll probably need them this week.
By the time I got home, David had already found a store a few blocks away that we could buy the parts and I got everything new for less than $20. :) Yea. A successful recovery. However, I could NOT resist the urge to take a picture of what I came home to on Saturday. It is ... momma artwork, if you will.
8 comments:
Wow! I'm glad you were able to find some replacement parts! :)
Jen
P.S. Ya gotta give the guy credit for trying, right?!?!?!
This is hilarious to me. I love that David called you right away to tell you!!
I can't wait to see you!!
What a sweet hubby to do so much to help you, even if there was a little accident.
Meredith
Hilarious! When bad things happen, do you just think this is going to be so fun to tell people? (This is ALWAYS what goes through my head!)
I am dying! So funny...p.s. I love the new blog setup! Can't wait to see you and the family!
Bless his heart! So sweet that he tried!
tell david i bet courtney wishes i'd have burned our pumping materials, too! way to go, david!
Post a Comment