As many of you know, March has been an exciting month for the Sullivans with moving into the City and having week long visits from friends and family all over the country. It has been action packed and fun-filled and so, well, I thought I'd blog about it and include some fun pictures.
Timeline of March events: (Move-in date: Feb 23rd)
March 2-6th: One of my fav friends, Jes Looney, from Dallas came to visit. She helped me get settled, SORT, and actually throw things away that I couldn't quite part with to date. Jes even stayed in one day to paint picture frames for my wall collage. We went to see "I love you, You're perfect, Now change" on off-broadway together and shopped at Pookie at our fav store! It was excellent! What a friend, Jes, thank you!

March 9-13th: SPRING BREAK time! Stephanie (my sis), her boyfriend David, and my cousin Taylor (known furthermore as "the crew") all came and stayed with us on their break from college life. My uncle was also able to join in the festivities one night, while up in CT. We initiated "the crew" on the upper east side at Brother Jimmy's - an awesome southern BBQ place across the street with some good Texas basketball. While they all enjoyed a beer...I had sweet tea and loved every minute of it! I loved my time with Steph - she helped me with ideas for the nursery and we hit a jackpot at Pookie too! The highlight of this trip was Steph's friend, Caroline, had access into a Baby Market with booths from every Children's designer known to man - and at wholesale prices! We had SO much fun and spent a little money in that place! Thanks, Steph...I SO treasure each time we get to be together. I can't wait for you to be back when the baby is here in July.

March 13-18th: Yes, you see the dates right. Steph and crew left Tues morning and my mom flew in at noon on the same day. Mom and I headed straight for that Baby market and spent even more money - it was a blast! There is nothing quite like having your mom visit and help you process things and get settled. My doctor was kind enough to schedule an appt. so she could see the baby, which was very special. She swears that Kate looked right at her. We talked and talked, registered at a cute NY store, ate great food, drank great wine, and just enjoyed being together. The hardest part was saying goodbye, but we are focusing on the next time we'll be together in April! Thank you, Mom!!

Also the same week, Jonathan and Adriana flew in from Australia with our nephew, Joshua. So, with their 16 bags…David helped them get settled in Brooklyn for the few months that they are in NY. It has been SO fun to have them close by.
March 17-18th: David's dad also flew in for St. Patrick's Day, which is also coincidentally his b-day. There was a blizzard on Friday, so there was snow everywhere and yet the parade still went on as planned. The boys watched basketball, we enjoyed our time with our nephew and all the family.


March 21st - 25th: My dear friend and college roommate, Stephanie and her husband Frank flew in from Alabama. It was so fun to catch up and to watch them experience the City. They are pros now! Steph and I went and saw Anne of Green Gables on off-broadway - so fun!, while the boys watched basketball. The picture of us is at a yummy French bakery near our apt. where we got to sit by the fire. AND...the find of the century was when we left breakfast ... there was this adorable antique dresser out on the curb. So, the boys brought it up to our nursery and we will probably be using it for a changing table for baby Kate! Thanks to the husbands for carrying it and cleaning it and Steph for talking me into it.

Overall, I'm SO thankful for all of our March visitors…we have had such a good month and feel very blessed. Our guest room has gotten a lot of use and is definitely ready for more visitors! Just let us know when you are coming!!
Have a great weekend!
4 comments:
such fun pictures...love the cute dresser!
Wish I was part of your March rewind. Sounds like you had fun! Miss you!
March Madness for real, huh?
OK, we totally need an April re-cap
Post a Comment