1. RoTel, of course, at Food Emporium on 83rd and 3rd.
2. 2-Alarm Chili Kit on those cold days. Serve with cornbread or Frito's and you are right back in Texas on a Fall evening.
3. Brother Jimmy's BBQ across the street - complete with Texas games, country music, and Sweet Tea!
4. Southern drama at the New York Junior League. Enough said.
5. Apostles Church - our amazing family away from our own.
6. Taco Taco - the closest fajitas we've found to good ol' Tex Mex and they deliver! Bonus.
7. Rent a car and visit On the Border, Chili's, and Chick fil'A when a fix of chain restaurants is needed - about 20 short miles West in Paramus, NJ.
8. Blogs and video chats- that allow me to keep up with all of my friends and family!
9. Dos Equis with Lime
10. My homemade chicken enchiladas, guacamole, and salsa recipes that just hit the spot...weekly! :)
11. Watching Friday Night Lights - ahhh... it just takes me back to Rockwall and High School. So funny.
12. Big Daddy's - a new diner on the Upper East Side - serves Tater Tots just like Sonic. Of course, it's not quite the same experience, but I'll take it.
13. My group of moms that meet every Monday morning and have Girl Nights Out (G.N.O).
14. Central Park - where I can actually see a tree, hear a bird, and feel some grass. Oh - and the sun...if I'm lucky.
15. Last, but not least, American Airlines and advantage miles that allow for frequent trips back and forth to the real deal.
Anyone have anything to add?
6 comments:
Seems like you covered it all. A good country bar with 2 stepping might be a good place to go too. But then that might feel more like Denton than Dallas...
:)
Great list! I'm in LA right now and saw the lead girl from Friday Night Lights at Joan's on 3rd :)
Oops! That last comment was from me!
What a great list. I love that it is mostly about food. That's how mine would be for sure!! :)
Oh my, this post makes me laugh!! When Mark and I lived in Philadelphia we LONGED for mexican (Tex-Mex) food and BBQ. We went to a party (hosted by a Texas gal) and she made Queso. Everyone gushed on and on about the "hot cheese dip" - she and I just shook our heads and laughed! I too found myself longing for Sonic - nothing beats "Happy Hour".
I love it! Great list. . .And to answer your "question" on my blog - my friend has a little girl Jackson's exact age and she just got a haircut. But, her bangs were beginning to get in her eyes, so they just did a little trim. :)
Post a Comment