Friday, February 16, 2007

Blue or Pink?

Our Valentine's Day this year was extra special because 1) we had a huge winter snow storm that blew through the Northeast - literally blowing snow horizontally across the City at negative temperatures and 2) we had our first sonogram of the baby - now that I am at the 20 week point. The great thing is that when we move in the City (next Friday), the hospital is 2 blocks from our apartment, and will be so convenient for future exams and of course - delivery. (but let's not talk about that now)

So, the reason for my writing today is that I wanted to share some very special news with you, my friends. David and I are expecting a little GIRL!! We had the doctor write it down on a card and seal it for David and I to open at a later time that night. When we opened the card, we both were crying and I think I was more in shock -because this whole time, I was thinking it was going to be a boy. The Sullivans pride themselves on only having boy "swimmers"...so it will be VERY fun to have a girl on the Sullivan side for the first time in a while. :) We are really SO excited to welcome this little girl in our family!!

Now for the important stuff...
Girl Name choices -> PLEASE VOTE on your favorite:
1. Kathryn "Kate" Marie (named after David's Dad's mother and my Mom's mother)
2. Kathryn "Kate" McKenzie (named after David's Dad's mother and my Dad's mother)
3. McKenzie Lynn (named after my Dad's mother and my mother and me)
4. McKenzie Marie (named after my Dad's mother and my Mom's mother)
Vote for your favorite #!! :)

It's time to go shopping!!!!

16 comments:

Christine said...

OH CONGRATS!! How wonderful, Shawna! We can't wait to celebrate with y'all. McKenzie Marie Sullivan just has a ring to it. I might be a little partial to the middle name Marie though ;-) I like McKenzie because it's more unique, and it's still a family name. Yay, so excited for you!

Shawna said...

Ok - i just learned that the "real" spelling of the family name is McKinzie...so that is what we would do. Good to know!

Thanks for your vote, Christine! We can't wait to see you on Sunday!

Kristian and Katy said...

YIPEE!! I am sooooo excited!
ok - i think i REALLY love Kathryn McKinzie. It has a very nice ring. But, of course they are all adorable. I just love Kate Sullivan- its precious.

Katy

Stephanie said...

yay...a girl...that was my guess. i made myself stop and make a guess before i checked your blog. and i am usually wrong. i am so happy to be right this time! i will have to vote on the name later b/c i haven't decided!

Anonymous said...

We have been anxiously waiting to hear! Hooray! I am sooo excited that you guys are expecting a sweet little girl! Isn't it more real now that you know?
I'll vote on a name when I decide. I love all of them :)
xoxo,
shannon

Allie said...

Yippee! Hair bows, here we come :) My vote is FOR SURE Marie for the middle name, cause I loved Grandma Martin so much! And I like McKinzie too. I am so excited for you guys.

Is it too early to start buying pink stuff?

Shawna said...

hahaha...Allie - that is what my mom and I are asking ourselves. :) I think we will do "pink" in moderation...but it's NEVER too soon to go shopping!!

Thanks, friends, for voting. It's such a hard decision and there is SO much pressure of deciding a NAME!

Kimber-Leigh said...

Shawna and David...I am so excited!!!! (So is Hadleigh!) I love Marie as a middle name too...but not sure yet about the first name! Can't wait to see you in just a few hours!!!

andrea said...

SHAWNA!! I'm so excited for yall! You will be such a great mother to a little girl! I like Kate Sullivan... I think I like Marie the best, but whatever you name her will be perfect! I can't wait!!

A Looney Life said...

YEAAAA! I feel like it has taken ages to finally find out! I really wanted you to have a girl and are super pumped about going and buying cute girly clothes :) Ryan and I (counts as two) vote on Kathryn Mckinzie. I can picture a beautiful blonde little girl named Kate Sullivan which I believe we talked about almost a year ago on the way to the Woodbury outlets. I can't wait to see how God blesses your little family to be :)
Much love and hugs,
Ryan and Jes

Anonymous said...

I vote #2: Kate McKinzie

La Gringa Sonria said...

My vote is for Mckinzie Marie
Abby votes for Mckinzie Marie, too
And Sarah Ann likes Kathryn Marie (so I was biased and just gave them the options with Marie as the middle name). Grandma Martin has such special place in all of our hearts. My Allison was going to be Allison Marie, but Aaron's side won out and it's Allison Lillian.

Either way, can't wait for this little girl to meet her parents, she's going to be so proud!!

Love you guys-glad you all took the snow for a while, we were getting a little tired of it...but doesn't it make everything look beautiful?!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Another girl for our girls night! I vote for option #1! Classic is always a good choice.

brassellsinnyc said...

Both Kate and McKenzie were front-runners in our "name-game" for Macy! Love them both!

Stephanie said...

i vote for #1. Kate Sullivan has a special ring to it. & of course Marie for the middle...from Stephanie Marie Laughlin

Shawna said...

Ok - looks like Choice #1 won out so far... Kathryn "Kate" Marie Sullivan.

Thanks for your vote everybody!!