Monday, March 7, 2011

{strange}


* I have not blogged in three months. That's strange. I have many reasons but mostly it can be summed up by the simple fact that I have not found the necessary time to devote to it. There is much that has happened and an ever-increasing list of "to-do's" and "I need to's" hangs overhead most evenings. Never the less, I will do my best to journal it all eventually and I do love to blog, so don't give up on me. I find it so hard to believe that three months have already passed!

* This evening as I was about to leave the gym, I wandered into the locker room where I go to wash my hands and rid them of feeling ... icky, oh - and to collect my coat. There was a girl, who had just finished working out? and was trying on some lingerie (complete with a matching robe, of course). Is it me or is that really strange? It was even all ivory - like a bridal set? But, she did not have a wedding/engagement ring on at the time. I kept trying to think up a story as to how that would make sense, but it was just...strange.

* Dan (David's brother) and Ashley (my now sister-in-law, yay!) got married this past weekend in New York. It was joyous and beautiful in every way. We looked forward to this weekend with much anticipation and now... they are married and all of the family has come and gone. It's strange isn't it? That feeling of...it's over. Pics are coming. I promise.

* While in Victoria's Secret, hunting for some pretty little thing to give the above mentioned bride, I was astonished at the bridal collection. The new bridal design currently showcases white short nighties (if that. i wouldn't quite say gowns) that all include BLUE ribbons tied in bows (yikes) with the WORDS "Sexy Little Bride" written on them. Really? Do you have to say that? What happened to the concept of the pure and lovely bride? And blue? Bows? Strange to me that this is the offering of bridal lingerie.

* While shopping in my local health food store of choice today, I was approached by a gentlemen carrying a black laptop bag full of M.A.C makeup (my favorite) and offering it for sale at 50% off. Strange. Red lights go off. But I proceeded to engage him in discussion and found my inquiries to be sufficiently answered and my careful inspections satisfied. So...I bought some new eye shadow and lip gloss from M.A.C in my health store for half-off. Strange day.

* Totally random, but in our TJ Maxx in the City, the elevator has these as the options for the floor levels. Does anyone else think it's strange? Usually isn't it something like G - Ground Floor and L- Lower Level? Or even 1 - 1st floor and LL - Lower Level? Who was the genius that decided on Floor 0 and -1 ?! Anyone?!


* Kate had her weekly ballet class this afternoon. This week was a special week, as they allowed the parents to stay and watch a class and take pictures. Out of eight little girls, there were only three moms present and one dad, the rest nannies. I'm thankful David and I could be there. It's strange that more parents couldn't find the time to be there to watch their little girls.

* Even more strange was that at one point during the ballet class, all of the parents were seated on one side of the room and the girls on the other side. They were each called up individually to walk - on their tip toes in true ballerina form - to the other side of the room. Those who were waiting were supposed to be sitting in "criss-cross-applesauce" and quiet. Kate, however, was playing and talking with a little girl beside her for part of the waiting time. Then they proceeded to pretend "kiss" each other and giggle and then make funny faces at each other and then giggle. Hmm. That was strange. Let's just say we had a good long talk about who we "kiss" and why after the class. Strange. Odd, really.

* Wesley is 9 months old. He is awesome. He is a roller. Yep - not a crawler, a roller. Kind of strange to me some days. He has found much efficiency in rolling and so, there is no need to crawl...yet. He can make it clear to the other side of the room and manages quite accurately to reach whatever destination he so desires. As David says - it really makes perfect sense because round things well, they roll. Wesley James is round and 20+ lbs these days. And so, he rolls. We love him so much and for the record - strangely enough - I am in no hurry to see him much more mobile than he is in this current state. I think the rolling is rather adorable myself. Pics to come.

4 comments:

Christine said...

OOOOOH I LOOOOVE your blog header. And the last one I can really identify with. Yay for 20+ lb babies! :) Luci Belle isn't rolling as much anymore but now she is scooting. It would be funny to see these two together!

Stephanie said...

i love hearing your thoughts! they make me smile.

Stephanie Marie said...

I am DYING laughing. Agreed most of these are quite strange. Especially the girl trying on lingerie in the gym (??), "0" floor and the M.A.C make up salesman in grocery store. I can explain the blue ribbons on the bridal lingerie- it's supposed to act as the "somthing blue" for the wedding day. But most people don't wear full on nighties under their dresses...the underwear makes sense though.


thanks for the good laugh!!
love you

Kimber-Leigh said...

love hearing your NY stories...and i love that picture of kate. she is precious. and i think we need a video of rolling wesley...that commentary made me laugh.

miss you!