Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Wedding!


There is nothing like a fun family wedding - smack dab in the middle of a move, a medical emergency, and holidays. Ha! I have to say, it really was great to get away from it all and celebrate my cousin Taylor getting married. They recited their vows overlooking those glorious mountains. Not sure it gets any better than that.




It was honestly one of the most Christ-centered and genuine ceremonies I have been apart of and I loved how they made it their own. I loved the picture of them washing each others feet and then they poured different colored sand instead of a unity candle - symbolic of where he proposed (on the beach).





But, I think what will stand out most was the 'dance' down the aisle at the end. Hysterical. It was to the Black Eyed Peas song, "Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night". Lol. Oh yes.

I don't have to tell those of you who know my brother that he put on a SHOW! I wish I had a video and better pictures, but you can picture him walking down the aisle as if it was a catwalk, pausing, turning around, and then motioning for his "escort bridesmaid" to come with a little point and a gyrating hip movement. We were all crying in laughter. Oh -that Rhett. Never a dull moment.





Steph got into it herself. Way to go, sis!
Overall - what a blast to get to see family. To remember what this covenant of marriage is really all about. To just sit back and get out of your world a little and celebrate someone else.

Here's to Taylor and Stacia! Welcome to this crazy family!

3 comments:

Kimber-Leigh said...

what GORGEOUS pictures of all of you. and seriously? tonight's gonna be a good night? i would have died laughing. that's a great story!

Stephanie Marie said...

Great pictures! I must say you captured Rhett's performance pretty well!! It was such a special wedding in deed.

Unknown said...

I will need to read this again and again just remember what we all experienced..So grateful we had the wedding to center ourselves and remember what is really important! Great pictures - and we thought you girls were the dancers of the family...oh my!