Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Wedding!

I love weddings. I feel like I haven't been to one in a long while and we had the privilege of going to a very special one today. Special because we love this couple, yes. Special because any wedding is special, yes. But this one in particular was so dear to my heart and it was truly an honor to participate and to see, in a tangible way, God orchestrating a beautiful unity.
Sweet Angie and I have been meeting monthly over coffee, getting to know each other's hearts. She has an amazing testimony of God's grace and provision in her life, and her friendship has become so dear to me. Her humility inspires me and you just can't help but want the world for her, because she is so deserving. 

Angie and Tom both lead worship at our church. They are incredibly talented, but also some of the most genuine people I have ever met. 

They had a big wedding planned in Nashville for next year and they both looked at each other and said, "Wait - this isn't us. What are we doing this for?" So, decided to do a wedding in New York in 6 weeks time and invite the entire church. Keep it simple. Have those who are close to you and are apart of your community there. Keep it real. 

I so love that about them. They put aside any selfish desire to have it be about anything else or more and yet it was so much more than they could have ever planned. It wasn't about the flowers. It wasn't about her dress (although she looked gorgeous!). It wasn't about the music, even though they are both musicians. It really was about them giving all glory to our Father and celebrating one of His most precious gifts - each other. I love that. I love them. I love weddings. What a great reminder and a great example for me and, well, all of us.

Meet some of my sweet girlfriends.
Meet my dear friend, Becky.Meet my handsome husband. 


Meet Shawna, now as a brunette.






4 comments:

Christine said...

I like Shawna as a brunette. It makes your eyes stand out even more.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What brought this on? I don't recognize you! Okay, maybe I do, but you look so different to me. Its cute and wintery!

La Gringa Sonria said...

Love wedding photos, fun to see your friends and welcome to the wonderful world of brunettes! Simply lovely!!

Becksta said...

What a wonderful wedding it was! You did a great job writing about their special day (hehe, I even linked to it from my blog about it!!!) - so fun to get some time to visit a little, too. And finally a pic of us! :)

PS- Brunettes actually do have more fun :)