Monday, October 27, 2008

Heavy

It's interesting to me as I look back on my previous post, how I can go from one state of mind to another in such a short amount of time. 

How fickle I am. 

I have felt so heavy lately. Last week was a difficult one for me as I learned of several, five to be exact, friends, close friends, family members dealing with really huge life things. 
Cancer. 
Financial Crisis. 
Depression. 
Lost job. 
Extremely serious illnesses. 

I felt like each one was  another weight on my head and yet I can't even begin to imagine how each of them are feeling. It puts every shallow thing that I deal with into such perspective (completely unimportantl) and I feel so heavy as I intercede on their behalf. I can't think of another word. Burdened? Overwhelmed? Heavy.

It's been one of those weeks that I can't focus on anything and so I keep lifting up some sort of prayer for them, but there are things still going on and good things to be celebrated and so I have felt torn at the same time. Heavy and torn. Does this make any sense? I'm trying to figure out what to pray for and how to pray and how to even form words, and yet I remember the Spirit intercedes for us. I love that. It just takes me out of the equation altogether. That is so comforting.

My heart is heavy. I feel a new meaning to this verse and I pray it brings a bit of rest to all of us who are feeling a heavier burden these days - for our families or for others and for those who are facing a burden greater than they have ever faced before.  

Matthew 11:28-30
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."






4 comments:

Kimber-Leigh said...

what a promise in that verse. it's one of my favorites.

i miss you too. :)

La Gringa Sonria said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one on an emotional/spiritual roller coaster often times. Thanks (once again) for your candidness. Looking forward to looking back on this season of economic icki-ness!

Love you girl!!

Anonymous said...

i love the peace that comes with that verse. the Lord's words are so comforting. love you, friend...

Anonymous said...

one of my favs, your prayers are heard!! Our LORD is GOOD, we often forget that in times of chaos and bad things. All things are to bring him glory even in the stinky!