Monday, October 13, 2008

Belize - Exploring God's Creation

"I will lift up mine eyes
to the hills;"
and when I fly
I will lift up my eyes instead to the sky:
it is the same
sure, 
certain thing - 
this quiet lifting up, 
remembering...

I leave myself
awhile
to let my thoughts
explore
all He has made
and More; 
returning to my small load 
at length, 
calm, 
reassured: 
this is my strength.
- Ruth Bell Graham



6 comments:

Kimber-Leigh said...

i love ruth grahams poetry :)
beautiful pictures!

and shawna as a brunette?!? i could hardly believe my eyes! you look so cute (though i think you'll always be blonde when i think of you!)

.kp. said...

isnt it amazing how much we miss on a daily basis? then when we slow down - remember to look - and listen - how much more we feel that we have experienced in a day.

peyton loves to remind me constantly of Gods detail here on earth. she is amazed by it and notices it constantly in flower leaves, fruit skins, colors he "paints" with etc. i love that about her and i love that she reminds me to look.

the pics are fab. so beautiful!

Christine said...

Do you have Ruth Bell Graham's poetry book, Sitting By My Laughing Fire? They were giving it away on the Billy Graham website after she passed away. It is amazing.

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures - I'm so glad that you and David enjoyed your trip. And I agree with Kimber - I love your hair darker. Looks good! :)

Stephanie said...

those pictures are amazing. how many are you going to blow up & frame? i am glad you had such an amazing trip!

Becksta said...

Oh my goodness- those pics are gorgeous!!! What an amazing time, so beautiful! So glad you were able to have that time together.