Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Sweet Baby Girl


This is the first time Kate has been sick. It is so sad to me to watch her not feel good and feel like I'm so helpless. She has a cold, we think, and all that comes with it. It's just the saddest little cough and runny nose I've ever seen and she can't explain to us what hurts where. Sigh. 

Despite her sickness and her not feeling well, she is still able to look absolutely adorable to me. She even finds a way to smile through it all. 

I love her genuine feelings at this age. Usually when she's fussy - there's a good reason; when she's laughing - I know why; when she's tired - it's extremely obvious. It makes me wonder when and how we develop an ingenuousness of feelings. Why do we feel like sometimes we can't just be who we are, how we are, when we are? I so appreciate, though Kate doesn't feel well, she still gives me that big smile when I kiss her and I know it's real.

It makes me think that I can choose to still smile despite my circumstances and to really feel that smile. That's my goal this week. Even when I don't feel like it - I will smile, I will love, I will listen, I will be patient, I will be gentle, I will be kind. If Kate can do it...so can I. 


5 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

ooh my poor lil baby kate!!
i was thinking about yall this afternoon and hoping she was feeling better. what a sweet post.

k

Honeycutt Family said...

It is so hard when babies are sick! I hope Kate feels better soon (and that she doesn't pass it along to you both in the process).
Jen

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Poor little Kate. Colds are not fun with infants! I am adding you as a link to my blog so that I can keep checking on you guys. How fun that we can keep up with each other through the blog world. :)

andrea said...

I love the one of her with the phone... so cute. I'm sorry she's sick... no fun at all!

Angel2 said...

Thank you for that sweet reminder! I guess I can also choose to be an obnoxious pain the the rear even when I feel great, right? Isn't that the same thing? ;-)

She is so precious, but being a baby nurse is so sad I know. Those pics are so beautiful!

Sav actually threw up the other night (then was in a GREAT mood- I guess she just had to get that out). I went in to check on her and she looked upset and said, "No! No!" pointing to the throw up on her blanket. I think she thought that she was going to get in trouble for being sick- it broke my heart!