Monday, July 23, 2012

birthday: number one.





Hello, McKinzie Lynn!!


On April 13th, we celebrated our first birthday in our "season of birthdays". We welcomed with joy - and in a bit of a fog - this sweet baby girl.

 (2 days)

David and I still look at each other and say... do we really have THREE kids? When did all of this happen? Wow, God has blessed us abundantly and unexpectedly.

We had no idea that McKinzie would be a girl and in the delivery room - it was a most joyous moment when we found out. Kate was the FIRST person to come in after she was born and learn that it was indeed a girl. Her response was, "I knew it!" Spoken just like the self-assured, confident girl that she is and I could see the excitement on Kate's face at the realization that she now has a sister. There is nothing more special.
(2 weeks)

McKinzie is as sweet as they come. Calm and patient (until she is not).

(2 months) 

The one word I use to describe McKinzie is happy. She is so smiley. She loves to smile and started to cackle this past month. I can't help but look at her and smile, which from the sound of my last post, is a good thing and quite a reminder of God's sweet provision.

(3 months)

This is what I wake-up to each morning. I mean, seriously. Every morning. Neither of my other kids were like this...is that the beauty of having three? Maybe. I highly recommend it (but know it can be overwhelming).





McKinzie - what a delight you are already in our family and we can't wait to get to see your little personality develop even more. You are a JOY!




4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh my worrrrrrrrd. I must meet and hold this bundle of joy SOON! She is so precious! So excited for y'all - it is a bit surreal you have three!! God is good.

Kimber-Leigh said...

i MISS her!!! something about #3 i think :) madeleine woke up smiling every morning and from every nap. glad mckinzie is a happy waker too :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

and yay for getting pictures to post!!! :)

maryh said...

Love her rolls! She is so happy - that's a blessing indeed. Sorry about David's shingles - that sounds so hard. I know that you will weather this season with strength and grace - those are 2 qualities that I've always admired about you - your strength and your gracefulness in handling life.