Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Rookery

Dear friends,

I've just heard about a new children's novel that I think you would all enjoy! (The author is one of my very favorite people and is a dear friend here in NYC.)

It is the story of a little girl in Victorian England who ventures into the forest near her home and meets several friendly (and a few not-so-friendly) animals. The Rookery is the story of her adventures in the forest, as well as her relationships with her family at home. It teaches really solid values like honor and courage, friendship and family, and the kids in your life will love it!

Just go to http://therookerybook.blogspot.com/. The author posts a new chapter each week. She started it in January, but you can start anytime. What I really love is that she has also posted discussion questions that correspond to each chapter - perfect for us moms and home schooling families. Try it out! I think you'll really like it...and be sure to leave a comment (or more) along your journey.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Kimber-Leigh said...

just read about the author...this looks great! i think we will be enjoying this as a weekly treat!

thanks for sharing this shawna!