Monday, June 27, 2011

four.

Hair the perfect shade of red and brown, mixed so perfectly as if by a perfect Creator. Eyes an endless blue. A smile radiating joy and life. A mind far beyond her age. A heart beating out compassion and love and laughter.



Four years of watching and marveling as learning took place and limbs stretched and character began to develop.



Four.



To celebrate, we combined a few of Kate's favorite things: girlfriends, pink, ballet, and ... treats. So invites were made and sent out saying, "Come twirl with the birthday girl..."


A sweet girl from our church came and taught the girls a "mini" ballet class. Let's just say there was lots of twirling going on in our apartment.


For the favors, I made these booklets personalized for each girl. I actually used the same template for the invitations - just leaving them full size. You must try them. They came out darling, and Kate loves little books like this to draw and write and adorn with stickers. They were joined in a clear bag with a set of ballet pencils, a heart bracelet, and dance stickers.

Fun was had by all. I think we might just have a ballet, all-girls party every year!

***
Oh, what an honor it is to be your Mommy, Miss Kate. I remain so thankful for your health and your humor. Your curiosity and your sensitivity. Your complexity and your steadfast love. So much of life in these past four years. And so much ahead, my love.

Your family celebrates you today and every day.

3 comments:

Stephanie Marie said...

oh my goodness. so sweet! I love seeing these photos!! She truly is growing into such a precious little girl. Love her so dearly!

Christine said...

precious, precious girl! and i'm always amazed by your birthday party ideas shawna! LOVE the booklets, such a great idea! happy 4, kate!

Kimber-Leigh said...

what a fun and special birthday, precious kate! love you all!