Thursday, August 26, 2010

perspective.


"Perspective...


Colorado always provides us a healthier perspective.


As we live out our daily lives in the concrete jungle within the confines of Manhattan, the Colorado Rockies always provide a welcome and often much needed change of pace.


Clocks are optional, technology largely ignored, distractions removed, tranquility and quiet are displayed in grand force.


It is always a delight to get away, to this place where it is seemingly easy to recognize the extraordinary in the ordinary. The soothing sound of the creek that runs next to the cabin... calming notes of hummingbird wings... the occasional rumble of an afternoon thunderstorm...


It is a time to allow yourself to regain perspective, reflecting on the majestic works of our mighty Creator, marveling at his tender care, and remembering that he love us deeply.


It is a time to stay up late, sleep in, nap frequently and move at whatever pace you feel up to. No schedules, no demands."


{Excerpt from Husband in our CO journal}




{the mountains}

david climbed Mt. Harvard this year
the mountain view near our cabin

{the cabin}

{the wildlife}



{the family}


{the raspberries}
{the hikes}


{the stories}

{the creek}

{the memories}

{the perspective}

{the Creator}
Psalm 46:10

Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.h!








5 comments:

Stephanie Marie said...

I'm just sitting here crying. Probably because I'm sad I wasn't there with you guys. But I'm so happy to see Kate enjoying the cabin to its fullest. That picture of Auntie Barbara reading to her is precious. Love you.

Christine said...

What GORGEOUS photos!! Beautiful. And how cute is little Wesley? He looks exactly like you!

maryh said...

so nice that you were able to go on vacation. amazing pictures. kate looks so grown up, i love the picture of the 2 of you.

Honeycutt Family said...

PLEASE let us know the next time you are in town. Would love to re-connect (but I understand that time with family is precious and goes too quickly!!!)

Cheryl said...

I'm sitting here crying and I WAS there!!! Too fast, too little, but SO precious to spend time with all of you....we missed Stephanie & David & Rhett...next year...